Omni are a full service Web Design & Digital Marketing Agency based in Sheffield & London who specialise in small to medium size UK businesses. Omni’s search marketing services range from Google Adwords to Organic Search Engine Optimisation.
Omni isn’t just PPC professionals and Email, SEO & Social Media experts, we’re also passionate about Creative, dedicated to display and obsessed with Analytics. We create perfect Digital journeys.
Join our Project Management team as a Digital Project Manager and work on the delivery of innovative and multidisciplinary campaigns for our clients.
You’ll be at the forefront of our business, bridging the gap between clients and our email & web support teams to deliver projects on time and to budget, ensuring that we exceed the expectations of our clients.
As a Digital Project Manager, you will have day-to-day responsibility for the smooth and effective running of various projects. You’ll need great skills in effective scoping, budget control, project tracking and reporting, risk and issue analysis and quality assurance.
- Design & build (using Dreamweaver/HTML) of email communications across multiple brands ensuring that they deliver against our functional plan and objectives.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of email campaign activity and make recommendations for on-going best practice to achieve our business goals.
- Ensure key metrics for email communications are met and best practice is shared with the wider direct and email marketing team.
- Work cross functionally to ensure email communications, work along other key customer communications, meet business objectives and are compliant with group risk and legal requirements.
- Competent in using Dreamweaver and HTML 5 and some experience in Photoshop preferable
- Solid experience of email marketing in B2C/B2B environment
- Email marketing experience
- Knowledge of the following software and systems; online marketing, email campaign management tools, strong knowledge of HTML and coding responsive and mobile friendly email templates and copywriting skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills & relationship management skills
- We are seeking a Digital Project Manager to work in Omni’s office in Sheffield.
- Experience working and communicating effectively with a wide range of team members with different skillsets; from web developers to marketing strategists to graphic designs and creatives.
- Excellent understanding of web technologies and principles such as HTML/CSS and responsive design.
- Able to deliver short term milestones whilst not losing focus on clients’ end goals.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Email Marketing skill with experience of various email marketing platforms
- An eye for detail
- A proactive approach to data
- Experience of working with web technology, email, UX and marketing.
- Experience at spotting risks and managing QA processes.
To give you a flavour of the job…
- You’ll report to the Marketing Director.
- You’ll lead projects working directly with our clients and be expected to own the solution and deliver it on time and on budget.
- You’ll manage and deliver multiple work streams for various types of digital communications projects within an account
- Work with internal teams to help define project scope, resource requirements and cost estimates for projects.
- Be the hub of communication for the project – in regular contact with internal and external stakeholders engaged in delivering a project.
- Encourage and facilitate collaboration. Keep projects tightly controlled with clear visibility for all team members, but allow the team to collaborate independently without becoming a bottleneck yourself.
- Use our internal project tracking tools and any external tools you need to keep track of where we stand in a current project.
- Coordinate and contribute to the documentation of solutions and costing estimates.
- Throughout the lifecycle of a project, keep an eye on what risks may arise and how you will mitigate against those risks to stop a project going off track or causing errors/mistakes.
- Assess the time and financial impact of changes and communicate with clients either directly or in conjunction with our Account Managers as appropriate.
- Be firm but fair in judgement: push back when scope creep or suggested budgets are not realistic whilst understanding the constraints of the client. Be prepared and able to defend Omni’s position.
- Understand the workings and needs of the account you are partnered with; have a good understanding of the brands you work on – their definitions, their core characteristics, how they should and shouldn’t behave.
- Understand the key technical aspects of the development process for website delivery, email delivery, online advertising etc. as appropriate to the client.
- Be commercially aware: at all times have an idea of the status of the budget of your projects; mitigate budget issues before they happen.
- Be able to confidently communicate with clients independently and happy to tackle any project issues with senior clients.
- Make the quality of the project your responsibility; you will see every stage of the work from start to finish and are essential in ensuring consistency and high quality.
- Be positive and a force for good in the team – even when faced with difficult problems. Be solutions focussed. Remain calm and stable under pressure.
- Help to make Omni a great place to work. Help us maintain and build morale and to make our work fun!
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate with a passion to do an amazing job to join a leading agency that prides itself in providing an excellent level of service for some leading high street brands.
No agencies please
Job Type: Full-time
£18,000 – £23,000 per annum
If you are interested in applying for the role, please email email@example.com or complete the form below:-